About Me

Subscribe

Thursday, November 19, 2009

PostHeaderIcon What’s good and bad about the Retweet feature in Twitter?



Posted: 18 Nov 2009 07:06 AM PST


Twitter has released the Retweet feature on its website albeit the feature is still in BETA. I have written previously about it, but myTwitter account is now part of the beta experiment, hence I was able to experiment a bit with Twitter’s ReTweet feature. I liked a few things but I think there is room for improvements. If you see the below image after logging into your Twitter account, your account is also part of the experiment. :-)
retweet_func1

The Good

  • There is no need to copy-paste or use the various desktop applications to send a Retweet. Click on the Retweet button on the tweet you are reading and it is sent to all your followers as Retweet.
  • There was a way for me to keep track of all the Retweet activity by checking on details like Retweets by othersRetweets by youand Your tweets, retweeted;-)
  • I liked the feature where I could undo the Retweet. This is great option if you have inadvertently done a Retweet to a spurious link by someone.
retweet_func2

The Bad

  • The Retweet option does not show up when you look up tweets in a list. This means if I am looking up tweets in my list I need to visit the profile page to send a Retweet.
  • I guess this is because it it not integrated with Twitter Lists. I hope this is a temporary thing, as I would find it quite cumbersome to visit the profile of someone I am following every time just for sending a Retweet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment